We Made it!! Portugal is rated 18 in Trip Advisors top 25 destinations in the world.
It really is a fantastic holiday destination. Perfect for families, friends, hen and stag do’s with activities to suit all or there are also plenty of great beaches to work on your tan.
Check it out for yourself, click here to see the Top 25 Destinations.
If you would like more information about what is available in the Algarve take a look through our website www.vistaexperience.com.
Have you heard of the 4Ocean team?
These amazing people are constantly traveling and moving from coastline to coastline both locally and internationally to help keep all beaches and oceans clean. 4Ocean have put a creative spin on a straightforward solution to plastic pollution in the oceans. To fund their work, they sell bracelets made of recycled plastic bottles and glass. 4Ocean aims to remove 0.45kg of plastic and other debris from the ocean for every bracelet they sell. The concept follows a simple principle: you buy the bracelet, you clean the ocean.
Who is 4Ocean?
The 4Ocean team hosts both onshore and offshore cleanups. Onshore Beach Cleanups are an effective way to prevent waste from entering the ocean whereas Offshore Cleanups are a very effective way to remove waste that have already entered the ocean.
In October the 4Ocean team held a cleanup in Brazil where 50 volunteers spent the morning clearing the beach and altogether was able to collect over 68 kilos of rubbish. Other clean-ups in the past two months have been at South Beach Park in Boca Raton where there were 50+ volunteers who were able to collect nearly 50 kilos of waste from the beach and coastline. Those who volunteered for the cleanup at Bikini Beach Panglao found the beach in a far worse condition than described, the 4Ocean team collected a huge 766 kilos of waste – a new record for a beach cleanup in the Philippines.
Is there really that much plastic in the ocean?
There are 250,000 tons of plastic in the water now, and at the rate we’re adding it, there could be more plastic than fish by the year. If this plastic is not removed from the beach, or the ocean it could eventually turn into microplastic. Small fish and other organisms such as plankton then digest the microplastic which can cause complications all throughout the marine food chain.
Want to Volunteer?
If you are inspired by the work that the 4Ocean team do you can help! They are always thrilled when people want to volunteer and help clean our beaches! If you are interested in volunteering, you can fill out our volunteer form on the 4Ocean website. You will then be informed when there is a cleanup being hosted in your area so you can join in cleaning the beaches!
If volunteering is not your thing or you would like to contribute in the meantime you can purchase a variety of bracelets from the 4Ocean website. The 4Ocean bracelet is made from 100% recycled materials. The exact material used to make the cord is called RPET (recycled polyethylene terephthalate, also known as recycled water bottles) and the beads are made from recycled glass bottles. The 4Ocean charm that is attached to the bracelet is made from stainless steel. You might be wondering if the bracelets are made directly from the trash that 4Ocean removes from the oceans, and they are not. They are made of recycled materials from a facility.
Why Visit The Algarve
It’s simple – The Algarve is Europe’s most famous secret has not been chosen at random. Located in the southernmost part of Portugal, the Algarve surprises with breathtaking landscapes, never ending beaches and picturesque villages.
5 Reasons why you should visit.
- Weather. The Algarve region is the luckiest in Portugal. With almost 300 days of sun each year, the temperatures are always high, with mild winters and very hot summers. With short periods of rain, the best months to visit the Algarve are May and September. Ocean lovers, sun seekers and explorers love the Algarvean way of life and come here all year round.
- Gastronomy. Portugal is well known for its cuisine and the Algarve for its fresh fish and sea food. One of the most famous dishes isCataplana. This dish was named after the cooking device used, which is unique to the Algarve region. The dish combines different delicious seafoods like prawns, littleneck clams and chouriço sausage. Tourists can also learn to cook this specific dishby attending one of the Cataplana experience master classes.
- Golf. This is for all the golf lovers out there. One of the most well known attractions in the Algarve are the golf courses. With more than 40 courses, the golf in the Algarve is characterised by quality, top experiences and a collection of first class championships and charity matches.
- Nature. The Algarve is not just about the ocean, but some of the most thrilling landscapes in Europe. Cork trees, unique sceneries, a large diversity of rare botanical species and a rich variety of sea birds, the region is perfect for walking along nature trails, hiking and cycling.
- Luxury. Michelin star restaurants and 5 star hotels are spread out all around the region. Like with any other maritime region, yacht cruises are one of the top experiences. Vilamoura marina is one place chosen by many tourists who prefer a more luxurious holiday, characterised by wealth, good food and exclusivity. Other resorts include Quinta do Lago and Vale do Lobo.
For top experiences and a memorable holiday, the Algarve is one of the best options. Regardless of whether you want a romantic or family holiday, or just a short break, the list of activities is long, and all are possible. Why not visit the Algarve? Now